Trevor C. Davies, Partner
An experienced trial lawyer, Trevor handles a diverse array of commercial and personal injury litigation in both state and federal courts. He represents clients including retailers, restaurants, and other businesses in premises liability and automobile cases. He also has extensive experience defending transportation and trucking companies. Trevor’s commercial litigation experience includes representation of general contractors and subcontractors in construction defect claims and contractual disputes.
Trevor has taken more than a dozen cases to trial. He has secured defense verdicts in both state and federal courts in Louisiana. In addition, he has won numerous cases through motion practice. His experience encompasses nearly all of the unique venues in Louisiana, including city courts, parish courts, district courts (state and federal), and the appellate courts. He has obtained dismissals for his clients in Louisiana courts of appeals, the Louisiana Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, as well as presented oral arguments to several Louisiana courts of appeals.
Trevor aggressively defends his clients’ interests at each stage of litigation. He works closely with clients in critical rapid response to preserve evidence and provide immediate, on-site evaluations. Trevor evaluates liability and damages issues early in the process to help clients reduce litigation and potential exposure.
Trevor is an active member of the Fore!Kids Foundation, which raises money to fund children’s service organizations.
- Automobile, Trucking and Transportation Defense
- Construction Law and Lien Law
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Retail Liability
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2009
- B.A., St. Olaf College, 2005
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana
- National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association (NRRDA)
office: (504) 324-6459
cell: (262) 565-8098
- Gordon v. DG Louisiana, LLC, USDC for the Eastern District of Louisiana, Case No. 16-cv-15279, August 2017; Obtained summary judgment for defendant on the eve of trial with plaintiff's last settlement demand of $700,000.
- Mouney v. Boyd, et al., 24th JDC for Jefferson Parish, Case No. 756-324, January 2017; Obtained dismissal of plaintiff's personal injury claims at close of plaintiff's case at trial. Plaintiff alleged injuries from collision involving 18-wheeler. Cross-examination of plaintiff and testimony of defendant driver established that defendant driver was not negligent.
- Joiner v. Winn-Dixie Montgomery, LLC, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, Case No. 16-30249, July 2016; Court of Appeals dismissed appeal of trial court’s grant of defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment.
- Alexander v. Maki, et al., Louisiana Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, Case No. 15-CA-517, January 2016; Court of Appeals affirmed trial court's grant of summary judgment on plaintiff's claims stemming from 18-wheeler accident. Case dismissed.
- Edwards v. Dolgencorp, LLC, Louisiana Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit, Case No. 2015-CA-0850, December 2015; Following oral argument, Court of Appeals affirmed trial court's grant of summary judgment on plaintiff's claims stemming from slip and fall accident. Case dismissed.
- Pouncy v. Winn-Dixie Montgomery, LLC, Louisiana Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, Case No. 15-CA-189, September 2014; Following oral argument, Court of Appeals affirmed trial court's granting of summary judgment in favor of defendant. Case dismissed.
- Farrow v. Dolgencorp, LLC, USDC for the Middle District of Louisiana, Case No. 3:12-cv-804, August 2014; Obtained Defense Verdict following jury trial on personal injury lawsuit involving trip and fall.
- Guillot v. Dolgencorp, LLC, Louisiana Supreme Court, Case No. 2013-C-2953, March 2014; Supreme Court reversed decisions of trial court and 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals and dismissed plaintiff's case.
- Adams v. Dolgencorp, LLC, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, Case No. 13-30746, March 2014; Court of Appeals affirmed USDC's granting of defendant's Motion for Summary Judgment. Case dismissed.
- Taylor v. Winn-Dixie Montgomery, LLC, Louisiana Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, Case No. 2011-C-1161, September 2011; Court of Appeals granted writ and reversed trial court's denial of defendant's Motion for Summary Judgment. Case dismissed.